Never write a word with these ten easy steps:
- Obsessively clean your computer screen and keyboard.
- Correctly set up your word document – fit to page, choose your font, correct the size, justify, double space … or maybe only 1.5 space? … nope, back to double space.
- Make a cup of tea.
- Look up other (i.e. professional and published) writers’ rituals online.
- Go to the toilet after finishing tea.
- Spell check the stuff you wrote yesterday.
- Practice your autograph for your future book signings.
- Make another cup of tea.
- Tidy your work area – can’t work in a messy space.
- Tweet that you’re currently writing.
Now you can begin … or simply repeat the ritual.
Please, please, please tell me you do this too!