Wow, what a great way to start February! [Side note: what happened to January? Are we really one month into 2015 already!?!?]
Now, we all know I’m next to useless. Here is yet another example of that: Back in November, I was very generously nominated for the Liebster Award by both Ally (My little piece of Quiet), and Warrior Freya.
Thank you both so much! I’d only just started my blog so wasn’t really aware of the awards or knew enough about other bloggers to nominate them so I left my “acceptance post” in drafts, continued to work on my blog and find some gems of the blogging community. Then … I forgot about it! (Remember the part about me being useless?)
It has prompted me to finally publish my original Liebster Award post. So, without further ado, let the post commence!
Thank you very much Warrior Freya and Ally for the nomination. Here is a link to Warrior Freya’s post and Ally’s post from their own well-deserved Liebster award nominations so please have a read of those.
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
You can also follow this link for more information.
My 11 Questions from Warrior Freya
1. What is one goal you hope to complete this coming year?
Finish my novel.
2. What is one place on your bucket list you want to visit?
If I can only see one of the places on my list, I guess I’d have to say Bolivia.
3. What was the name of your favourite childhood stuffed animal?
Deeno. He was a yellow dinosaur. I know what you’re thinking, a rather unorthodox colour choice for a dinosaur but he was a happy-go-lucky kinda chap and he wore it well.
4. What’s your favorite ice cream flavour?
Peanut butter. I’m a huge Messina fan and they do an amazing peanut butter chocolate ice cream flavour. Hot tip: if you order this with their gianduia flavour it’s like eating nutella peanut butter.
Um, clean that up please, you’re dribbling all over my blog.
5. What is something you learned today?
Today I learnt the word ‘Sillage’ which is a word to describe the trail of scent that a person leaves behind when walking or when you enter a room and smell that someone has been there before you.
I think it’s lovely to know that there is a specific word to describe that. It’s a french word and apparently it’s being added to most english dictionaries now.
6. Were you/are you in any high school clubs? If so, which one(s)?
I wasn’t really in any clubs. I was on the swim squad in prep school, played volleyball in high school, but that’s about it. Mostly I took part in after-school drama doing school plays and musicals.
7. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
A tiger. They are happily solitary, nocturnal, territorial, and strong. I associate my strength with the mental and inner variety rather than physical strength. I can’t do a million pull-ups or anything.
And I like swimming, which tigers also like.
8. What is the first thing you notice about a person you’ve just met?
Their presence, noticing whether they are calm and serene, or more manic and animated. I also notice people’s smiles and eyes.
9. What’s your favourite number?
Nine. I don’t really have a favourite number, that was just the first one that came into my head. I now realise that might be because I’m answering question nine.
10. What is your #1 hobby?
At the moment it’s running.
11. What is your favourite food?
Mash potato. No lumps, lots of grated cheese.
11 Facts About Me
- I have lived in 5 countries.
- I love Winnie the Pooh.
- I say fudge instead of the f-word, and sugar-plum fairies instead of the s-word. People find that annoying.
- I find it annoying that people find ‘fudge’ and ‘sugar-plum fairies’ annoying but not reality shows about housewives.
- I have a magnet collection. I like to get one every time I travel to a different country.
- Green is my favourite colour.
- I am officially a mosquito’s favourite food. Seriously, they LOVE me.
- I am a compulsive list-maker.
- Any days that involve moving into a new space, decorating, arranging furniture, organising stuff are my absolute favourite days.
- I find blogging really hard.
- Being an older sibling is the best job I’ve ever had. (not to mention full-time, without pay.)
My Liebster Award Nominations
I would like to nominate the following blogs:
11 Questions for my nominees
- What motivates you to keep writing your blog?
- What skill/hobby would you love to learn?
- What did you do this week that you are proud of?
- Who is your favourite character from a novel and why?
- What word or phrase do you say too often?
- Making a rough estimate, how many sunrises do you think you’ve seen?
- Do you have a pet?
- Which of the four seasons do you like the most?
- What was the last gift you gave someone?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is your most treasured possession?
Thank you all for the wonderful blog posts that give me so much pleasure to read, and thank you for reading this post. (and hopefully my other posts as well!) 🙂
Enjoy your Sunday!
Pinch, punch, first of the month.